Upper Peninsula resident, Jessica Racine, offers up this delicious chili perfect for warming up after a day of dog sledding or cheering on the teams. Each spoonful is sure to fuel you for all your winter adventures.
- 1 package of chicken chili mix (stirred in 1 cup water)
- 20 ounces cooked chicken (2 cans, about 10 ounces each, or fresh chicken)
- 1 can of mushrooms, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 can of Mexi-corn, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 can Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 ounces pepper jack cheese or white cheddar, shredded
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Add another cup of water or use some of the drained water from the mushroom can and corn in place of water.
- Cook on low for a couple hours, being careful not to let it come to a boil.
- Serve and top with more sour cream and pepper jack cheese.
Read the full story about the UP200 Sled Dog Race and find this recipe and others at micoopkitchen.com.