Jake Ingle knows it takes a team to create a successful snowboard half-pipe and it helps when a member of that team knows how to warm everyone up with something hot and delicious at the end of a day. Bill Van Gilder is an FIS technical delegate at half-pipe Grand Prix events. His family owns a restaurant in the Pocono Mountains—Van Gilder’s Jubilee Restaurant. So, when Bill is cooking up something—everyone knows it’s a meal that is not to be missed.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ orange pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 ounces black beans, drained
- 14 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 14 ounces pink beans, drained
- 14 ounces Northern beans, drained
- 14 ounces black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Heat oil in pan on stove top. Sauté the garlic, chopped onions, and peppers until they begin to sweat.
- Add ground turkey until cooked through and mix. Move mixture to large pot. Rinse and drain all beans and add all ingredients to the pot, including the beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Simmer on low heat for 1.5 hours, mixing lightly as needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chili can be frozen as well. It’s always better the next day!