When Courageous Coffee’s Tanya Schneider puts so much soul into roasting the perfect coffee beans, it seems a shame not to take advantage of all that heartfelt flavor. She shares a recipe that uses brewed coffee for the ultimate coffee companion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, coffee, butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with cream cheese spread (optional).
Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended and spread on muffins.
Read the full story about Courageous Coffee and find more recipes at micoopkitchen.com